Wednesday, May 30, 2012

29 weeks, 5 days

Woohoo, guess who DOESN'T have gestational diabetes! This girl right here. Yay :)

I went in on the 22nd for my three-hour test. It wasn't as bad as everyone said it would be, but it definitely wasn't enjoyable. Fasting for 12 hours, being stabbed 8 times (most of which were in my hand, in the same vein, and hit every nerve possible), and drinking the ultra-sugary fruit punch isn't a recipe for a good time, but really, it wasn't all that bad. My doctor called 2 days later and almost gave me a panic attack (my doctor never calls unless there's a problem), but it ended up being good news - only one of the 4 blood draws was high which means I'm GD-free! 

I've officially decided to start my maternity leave on July 6th - so in about 5 weeks. It seems like the best date to me - especially since the last week will only be a 4-day week and I'll get holiday pay for July 4th...heck yea (yes, I totally planned it this way). 

And in other news....I got a pretty new cell phone today. I'm extra excited because this one has a forward-facing camera. Never really cared about one before, but I've been wanting one recently so that then Aaron's born, I can Skype with my momma and daddy...and hubby if I'm ever away from him for any amount of time.  Time to go play with it! 

Pictures coming later, seeing as how all my pictures were on my old phone....

No comments:

Post a Comment