Saturday, January 7, 2012

9 weeks, 1 day...

I'm exhausted, I'm irritable, I'm nauseous about half of the time, I have a million random little tugs and pulls and pinches, I'm paranoid, my back hurts, my head hurts, and I'm ready for this first trimester to be over! 

*Disclaimer: this is a rant. I am overjoyed to be pregnant, and I was as aware as possible of what I was getting myself into when we began trying to conceive, however, as a hormonal pregnant lady, I'm entitled to a rant every now and then*

This isn't fun so far. Once I can actually announce the news, I'll be a lot happier. Having to hide Saltines at work and sneak to the bathroom every half hour isn't exactly making me happy. Several of the women there know that we've been trying to get pregnant for a while because we're a pretty close-knit group. One lady in particular is beyond nosy and every time she asks how I am and say anything like "I'm tired" or "I'm ok" or anything other than "perfectly fabulous" she goes "oh my gosh, are you pregnant?!".   
Ugh. Stop. Enough.
As if that's not annoying enough (if I weren't pregnant, the last thing I'd want to be constantly reminded of is me NOT being pregnant, so, either way, she needs to just stop), once I tell her I'm not, she proceeds to give me advice on how I should go about getting pregnant:
"Oh, it'll happen when you least expect it" 
"Just stop trying and it'll happen"  
Really?! 
 These are the two most annoying things someone could ever say to someone trying to conceive. Every blog, poll, forum, conversation I've read lists these two comments as the #1 most irritating piece of "advice" that is likely to solicit the receiver of the advice picturing the adviser in a Vulcan death grip. 
just shut up.

Now, on to my original statement:  
I'm exhausted - every day I come home, I take a nap. A two or three hour nap. The house is a mess (except my amazing hubby cleaned the whole downstairs yesterday - woohooo!), we're not eating well because I'm too tired to cook, much less go grocery shopping, and the poop pups are being neglected.
I'm irritable - I don't want to talk to anyone or see anyone pretty much most of the time. They irritate me. All of the time. Most of the time. I don't even know.
I'm nauseous about half of the time - so morning sickness hasn't really hit me hard at all (hence the reason I've accepted the fact/assumption that I'm having a boy - thank you to the old wives tales and just a "feeling" - go ahead and laugh at me), but almost every day once I get settled into work, I just feel like poo.
I have a million random little tugs and pulls and pinches - there's pin-pricks in my side, my belly button feels like it's bruised, everything is stretching and pulling which results in tons of odd sensations. None that really hurt, but, are noticeable and irritating and enough to make me go "ummm....huh?"
I'm paranoid - since the pregnancy started out with some spotting, I've been overly paranoid about a miscarriage. They are oh so very common, especially this early on, I'm doing everything I can to prevent one (no drugs/alcohol obviously {this is harder than you might think....because no drugs/alcohol means no Excedrin for my migraines, no muscle relaxers when my back aches, and no cold medicine when I'm all stuffed up}, taking it easy, not eating the million foods on the list of no-no's, etc.). However, all the little tugs and pulls and pricks just keep me on edge. Thankfully I've started to calm down and stress a little less over this the last week or so as stress only makes things worse, but I'm still nervous. I'm really looking forward to my first ultrasound so I can see my little jellybean and hear his little heartbeat.  
Make sure my baby's ok.
My back hurts - constantly.
My head hurts - constantly.
And I'm ready for this first trimester to be over! - I can't wait to have a baby bump, to feel him kick, to really "feel" pregnant, to find out the sex, to get the nursery ready, to start buying stuff, to start having fun! Yes, I know I will only get more uncomfortable as time progresses, but so far, I'm just the same ol' me with nothing to show for it. 
Just ready for that next step.




No comments:

Post a Comment