Sunday, July 24, 2011

Baby blues.

I'm completely torn. It seems like every other day, I want a baby and then the next day I don't want one. There are so many pros and cons it's not even funny. If my husband wasn't 100% gung-ho on it, I'd say just forget the whole thing and we'll just get a bunch of dogs. But, he's already picking out baby bedding and sending me emails with baby names, planning  on schedules and our whole future with a baby. 


The truth is, I like my life. Hubby and I are happily married, live a very comfortable lifestyle and have pretty much complete freedom (well, as much as full-time jobs and college allow). My dogs are crazy and I'm pretty sure they'd step and drool on Baby Pritchard (BP, from here on out). I'm also sure that BP wouldn't enjoy long road trips or days on the lake fishing (I don't think they make infant-size fishing poles - BP would be so bored!). And I'm positive that BP would not allow for mommy and daddy to go out with their friends as much as they do now. Plus, babies are a little bit expensive. How on earth can we afford a baby and diamonds and boats?! 

But then, I mean, just look: 



Enough said, right? (No, don't worry, dressing my baby in cute clothes is not the reason I want to have a baby - but I don't feel like getting into all the sappy stuff right now). 

So, with all this said, I'm still just as confused as before. Carefree, easy lifestyle vs. busy, stressful life with baby. Sounds easy, but it's really not. 
I guess we'll just keep going with the flow and if I wake up one morning throwing up and start growing a huge lump in my stomach, well, then I guess we'll have a baby! 


1 comment:

  1. Kids aren't all bad. But they can cramp your style. I look forward to pregnant Liz :)

    ReplyDelete