Saturday, July 23, 2011

Puppydogs galore!

"Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies"
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog"
"If you want a little dog to know he's small, tell him"
"To err is human, to forgive, canine"
"Dogs feel very strongly that they should always go with you in the car, in case the need should arise for them to bark violently at nothing right in your ear"
"There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face"

Littledog is my pride and joy. He's my 13 pound Cavalier King Charles spaniel mix with an underbite, big bug eyes and a tongue that just doesn't quit. 



I'm pretty sure he has some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder because all he does is lick - lick himself, lick other dogs, lick people, lick everything. He's a sweetheart though. He's always concerned about my well-being. I never get to go anywhere alone - he follows me to the kitchen, the bathroom, the couch, the bed, everywhere. He's my little shadow.

Sadie is my gorgeous, sweet lil hound dog. She's still a puppy, only 7 months, so she's crazy but just so pretty. 

,mawesrfedfczawsedr

That was her - she just jumped up and wanted to say hello. 


The whole point of this post was to explain how conceited she is. Like I said, she's a very pretty girl and she knows it. Gorgeous tri-color markings, long floppy ears, a crooked tail, big puppy dog eyes and legs that go on for miles. Her favorite activity is to stare at herself in the mirror. This morning, she stood on the bed and stared at herself in our full-length mirror. Then after a few minutes, she moved over a foot or two to look at herself in our bathroom mirror. A few minutes later, she turned around to look in our dresser mirror. No amount of calling her name will distract her. The only way to break her gaze is to physically move her. 

So. 
Very. 
Conceited.

But I blame myself. I tell her how pretty she is and put her in pretty clothes and paint her nails hot pink. She knows she's a princess and fully acts the part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment