Sunday, July 31, 2011

Littledog's Second Birthday

My Littledog is all growed up! Tomorrow (August 1st) is his second birthday and we had a mini party for him last night. I was trying to come up with the menu with Jonathon and I said "well, it's just the 4 of us so what should we have?" He responded: " Umm, there actually 7..." to which I freaked out about. Who else did he invite?! I wasn't planning for 7! Then he got a little flustered: "Liz, it's me, you, Courtney, Zach, Little, Sadie and Suki (their puppy)...you're a horrible mom. I can't believe you forgot to include the birthday boy!!" Yea. That's my husband for ya. 
We had a great night: New York strip steaks, cheddar mashed 'taters, (almost) corn on the cob, pasta salad, red wine and the most amazing Texas sheet cake (thanks to Courtney!). The guys grilled while I chatted with Courtney in the kitchen and the pups played. Last year, I went all out with decorations and party hats and more than one other couple and pup as guests. I was going to make a peanut butter birthday cake and snickerpoodles again, but seeing as how my house didn't even get cleaned, I decided I should pass on that. Instead, I bought these adorable doggie doughnuts from a little doggie boutique/bakery in Occoquan.

(Side note: we had this wonderful red wine, Red Velvet from Cupcake Vineyards. Absolutely amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment